VGA, DVI, and LVDS Graphics
with Video, STANAG, DVI, and
Single or Dual Channel Outputs
Rastergraf's TopazPMC is a display controller and video capture PMC (PCI Mezzanine Card) board. The card is designed for use under VxWorks (using Wind Rivers
WindML or Rastergrafs
SDL) and Linux (using SDL or XFree86) operating environments. It also supports DirectX environments running Windows.
TopazPMC features a Silicon Motion SM731 System On a Chip (SOC) graphics accelerator with 16 Mbytes of on-chip SDRAM. This 128-bit 2D/3D graphics engine supports compatible displays at up to 1600 x 1200 x 24 bpp (16.7 million colors). It supports multiple display options (see the datasheet).
The TopazPMC features the Conexant Bt835 NTSC/PAL/S-Video and Analog Devices AD9882 High Speed RGB/DVI digitizers. STANAG 3350 A-C input signals can be captured through the AD9882. A loopback can connect Video Output to Input for self-testing.
Rastergrafs factory configured I/O Resource Matrix maximizes I/O flexibility, enabling most functions to be connected to either the front or rear panel. Please contact Rastergraf for more information.
Embedded Life-Cycle Support
Rastergrafs comprehensive selection of display solutions are designed to satisfy the product life-cycle requirements demanded by the embedded computing market. Rastergraf has a significant stock of the SM731 that ensures an extended product life for the TopazPMC.
The TopazPMC is compatible with and replaces the Rastergraf StratusPMC (except video I/O connector is different) and TroposPMC board.
Not Recommended for New Designs
EOL: Q1 2018
- Silicon Motion 128-bit 2D/3D graphics controller
- Display is programmable for 8, 16, or 24 bits/pixelHardware scroll, pan, and cursorVideo memory is 16 MB SGRAM
- Non-Interlaced Analog (RGB) resolution up to 1600x1200
- VGA (RGBHV), Sync-On-Green (SOG) and Composite Sync
- DVI (digital output) up to 1600x1200x24 bpp
- Special single channel display-only version supports STANAG 3350 A-C output
- VGA BIOS support
- Optional Multi-input Video Digitizer
- Simultaneous real-time video capture, synthetic overlay, and display
- Selectable NTSC, PAL, RS-170, S-Video, RGBHV, STANAG A-C, and DVI capture
- Thermal sensor allows monitoring of board temperature
- PCI compliant, 32-bit, 33/66 MHz capable
- Front Panel and/or PMC Pn4 Rear Panel I/O
- Comprehensive software support
- SDL Subroutine Library includes video capture and Built-In Self Test modules
- WindML including video input extensions
- Accelerated X Server and Xv video input extensions
- Windows 2K/XP drivers including accelerated DirectX
- Operating System Compatibility
Linux x86 and PowerPC (SDL,
LynxOS PowerPC (SDL,
X)Windows 2000 and XP (2D, DirectX)Spport for VxWorks
(WindML) and LynxOS
Download TopazPMC Datasheet
Request TopazPMC Manual
Graphics Software Support